The 2019 Lagoon 52 marks a whole new era in the design of cruising catamarans, as indeed did its predecessor, the famed Lagoon 500.
With its diamond-shaped vertical bows, bevelled hulls, its as if levitated deckhouse and tall rig, the Lagoon 52 is no ordinary catamaran, but its originality goes a great deal further than just its "outer" appearance, or even its interior layout.
This Lagoon is the result of lengthy discussions between the architects at Van Peteghem-Lauriot Prévost (VPLP), the Italian Nauta Design agency and the Lagoon design department. These discussions led us to make some important and sometimes radical choices, while remaining faithful to what we believe in, in terms of elegance, comfort, safety, user friendliness and, it goes without saying, performance under sail.
Sea Runner II is a Flybridge.
- noble and luxurious materials, with soft shades for a harmonious interior
- continuous horizontal and fluent lines give the interior open and generous spaces
- continuity between exterior and interior life
- a slender exterior design for a boat with a strong character
- infusion-moulding for increased weight saving (important for a catamaran), an optimal structure, and greater protection for the environment and shipbuilders
- interior woodwork in Alpi® reconstituted wood, a sustainable source
- vertical glazing for better protection against the sun and optimal space and headroom
- gull-wing bridge deck for greater comfort in heavy seas
- VPLP design: performance under sail guaranteed!
- Sea Runner II comes with 5 staterooms and a separate captain’s quarters and bathroom
- Sea Runner II sleeps up to 12 guests
- the boat is accessed via open aft transoms, facilitating boarding and disembarking
- broad sidedecks, with recessed deck hatches
- the cockpit is level with the salon, and has an outdoor lounge and sun-lounging area to starboard
- the fly bridge is reached either by a staircase leading from the cockpit, or by another leading from the deck on the starboard side
- the steering station can be adjusted to three different positions (starboard, centre or port), giving the skipper perfect visibility under sail or when manueuvering
- The decision to locate the mast further to aft directly comes from the designers' racing experience and has many advantages on a cruising catamaran:
- a large forward triangle allows a larger sails choice: a promise for great performance
- the shorter boom makes the mainsail much easier to maneuver
- the mainsail, which is relatively narrower and higher, benefits from better winds at the top, thus enhancing performance
- by re-centering the weight in this way, pitching is considerably reduced
- the salon encompasses the lounge and dining table to starboard, a large galley in U shape on port side the chart table in the middle, facing out to sea.
- the “U” galley is equipped with large hot plates, large work space and plenty of storage
- the circulation in the salon is optimized, between the lounge and the galley
- all the cabins have large double beds, storage space in keeping with the offshore sailing program of the boat and, of course, an en-suite bathroom with separate shower
- the cabins have incomparable natural lighting thanks to the fixed hull windows, together with excellent ventilation thanks to the deck hatches and portholes that open out to the hull-side or to the cockpit
Whether it is the sound of the canvas negotiating with the wind, the smell of mango in your frozen drink or the sight of the waters off of Anegada where the color turquoise was invented nothing is better than decompressing on the edge of my slice of heaven in my 52 foot catamaran sailing through the Virgin Islands. Reaching a depth of relaxation where I have never before keeps me coming back year after year.
I’ve recently returned from a trip with my family and friends. We rented Sea Runner from the Catco team after seeing the boat via the website on-line. This was our eighth charter vacation, so we’ve seen a lot of bases and companies from around the world. Without question, the service and attention to detail that we received from your team in BVIs was the best we’ve seen yet. I’d like to share the highlights of the experiences we had with the team. It started with a most excellent briefing with Catco on the dock. They love what they do and it shows. There was no question too dumb and they went out of their way to ensure we were equipped and ready for great sailing around the BVI’s. The week sailing was great and boat was absolutely wonderful. No issues, everything went great with the boat and weather. We didn’t have to call into the base once. However, on the morning of our return to base, we got a huge chunk of coral caught in the anchor when raising it. Our flight was at 12pm and we didn’t have much time to waste, so after spending 1.5 hours trying to dislodge the coral I decided to motor into the marina so that we wouldn’t miss our flight. We arrived at base and let the team know that we were running late…. and had a big rock hanging from the boat. The team didn’t make us feel bad and instead worked double fast to ensure we got off the boat as quickly as possible. We arrived just in time and were the last to board our flight home. We had to leave some rubbish on the boat and I’m sure the crew had to work extra to turn it over. We are extremely thankful for their understanding. This was all done with a smile, and you could tell that their love of the country, water, and wind translated into fantastic customer service. They really love what they do. To the crew in Tortola. thank you! We will definitely be renting the Sea Runner again!
My crew and I greatly enjoyed our charter in the BVI, and wanted to thank you for providing a spectacular boat and an excellent captain on short notice. The catamaran “Sea Runner”” was well maintained and equipped. The water maker on board was a big help. The propane gas for the outside grill was excellent. The captain, Steve, from Ireland, was wonderful. He integrated seamlessly into our group and his sailing expertise and knowledge of the BVI allowed the crew to make the absolute most of every day, regardless of wind and weather conditions — we had a varied and fun trip. It was a joy to rent Sea Runner, and my crew and I look forward to chartering with you soon again.
My family and I (12 in total) chartered Sea Runner during our Cruise. We had experience sailing with other sail boats, but it was the first time with a catamaran and the first time in the wonderful BVI’s. The islands were beautiful and exactly what we were looking for. We heard about the Cruise just searching through internet and what struck our attention was the complete and excellent presentation of Sea Runner’s website. We were happily surprised by the professionalism of your Company. Everything was well planned and the catamaran was in very good condition. What an opportunity to charter a brand new boat!! The professional crew: Captain Paul, Hostess/Cook Marie, made our stay on the catamaran so fantastic! Captain Paul was an absolute professional Captain who provided us a safe sailing experience during our vacation. All in all, it was an excellent experience for us and we enjoyed our vacation so much!